9.10.2005

T minus 56 days



To keep going on the backstory...

Last spring when I found out the date of the show at Second Street, I was glad but again, freaked out because in late June my wife and I were expecting our first kid. So I had to get to work right away.

Right now my works falls into three overlapping catagories - Drawings, Collages and Books. My initial plan was to show a bunch of drawings, a few collages and make a book especially for the show. After Violet arrived (three weeks early!), I dropped the book idea. It seemed like too much work for something most people would toss out anyway - I decided to concentrate on the white walls they were giving me...

My next plan involved hanging drawings and collages, but also doing a larger wall-drawing that would interact with the other work. While I think a large wall pencil drawing would be great for me to try, I realized this wasn't the show for it - I wouldn't have enough time to really do a great job and also keep everything else going.

My final plan is this: showing 8 - 12 large pencil drawings, 5 - 10 medium sized collages and a wall full of small pencil drawings and collages in a large grid. All of these I know I can pull off. As usual I've decided to push the envelope and add two other works - one really big BIG collage and a few drawing-sculptures. I'll post more about these later.

---------------------------------------------------

This is a post in series counting down to my solo show at Second Street Gallery. See previous post: T minus 57 days.

No comments: