9.14.2005

T minus 51 days



Monday night I worked on the big piece, but it seemed bogged down. Yesterday I got a HUGE piece of paper - 7 feet tall! - at the art store and hung it up, but have been too chicken to draw on it yet.

Last night I chopped up an old drawing and reassembled it with other things to make a new collage that looks promising. This morning I started some drawing-sculptures, but so far they are a little sickly. The plan is to give them a few days and then next week decide whether to cut bait. If any come to life I'll post a pic here.

I need to come up with a name for the show - right now it's called "True Defenders of the Craft" (which is a title of a collage and a line I stole from Mike Watt), but I think that's not right for the show. I have until Friday to come up with a name...

---------------------------------------------------

This is a post in series counting down to my solo show at Second Street Gallery. See previous posts: T minus 54 days,T minus 55 days,T minus 56 days, T minus 57 days.

No comments: