9.11.2005

T minus 55 days


A bird-house


To finish the backstory...

Since nailing down a date for the show I've been working like crazy. Through July the plan was to start on the series of smaller pencils and collages. Through August I wanted to finalize most of the large pencil drawings and continue with the smaller works. By September 1 I had a couple dozen strong large pencil drawings, about 100 small pencils and 50 or so small collages - but many of the smaller works need to be worked on some more. I also met with Leah at the gallery to talk about the work and other financial things.

The plan now is this - I have enough work for the show already done, so I think I can go a little crazy for a while. I'm not sure I can pull off a huge collage and the drawing-sculptures, so I plan to try to do them until around Sept 15, then have a studio visit with Leah. At that point I either bail on those or keep going. From Sept 15 until Oct 1 I finish everything that has to be framed, then order all my frames. In October I frame everything while continuing to make small drawings and collages (which will be hung on pins - no frames!), and I'll keep working on the huge collages and the scuptures (again, no frames). The last week of October I deliver the work and collapse.


---------------------------------------------------

This is a post in series counting down to my solo show at Second Street Gallery. See previous posts: T minus 56 days, T minus 57 days.

No comments: