9.16.2005

T minus 49 days


sign, sign, mixed media on paper, 2005

Last night I started the big drawing. I drew a big telephone pole, but it wasn't working at all. Drawing big is very different that when you can see the whole thing at once. I realized I need to sketch out with a light pencil before getting in too deep.

So I then started layering on paper and chunks of large drawings I had done earlier this year. Now there's a big tree behind a fence with a ghost on it. I also added a green bush-shape. I think this one will work, or if not another will by the time of the show. What I'm starting to figure out is I'm better at drawing and then chopping up and reassembling than I am at just drawing sometimes, especially at a large scale.

Yesterday I spoke to Leah at the gallery and we're going to meet next week to pick work and decide about the announcement card. Still thinking of names for the show...

---------------------------------------------------

This is a post in series counting down to my solo show at Second Street Gallery. See previous posts: T minus 51 days, T minus 54 days,T minus 55 days,T minus 56 days, T minus 57 days.

No comments: