9.19.2005

T minus 46 days



Didn't get to work much this weekend - wife, Violet and I went to DC for an opening at a little space that my friend has curated at Boundless Yoga. The show looked pretty good, though I wish I had put all small work in. A fun little thing to go see and I'm glad to help an old pal start off this space. Big thanks to all who came, especially JTK + BL, AMW + JM, CR and family, LH and DJ. Super thanks to CNV for lending us his home to sleep at, and the TH and GS for bagels on Sunday.

Seeing the work up helps me to figure out a few things about the Second Street show. I need to get the big drawings to adhere to the backing board better. A few people liked the smaller work in groups. I need to make sure I'm better rested before my opening here because I was a little frantic at this thing.

So no movement here - except the big paper fell off the wall again and crinkled more. Now I'm definately going to replace the pepr, but I'll play around on this one for a few more days. One comment this weekend was that some folks wanted the pencil drawings to have perfect smudge- and crinkle-free paper, which is tough, almost impossible with the way I work. For the big one I do want to keep it as pristine as I can though.

Wife works nights this week and next so this is going to be a crazy studio schedule for me. On Wednesday I meet with the gallery Director here in the studio, so I'll be preparing for that today and tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------------

This is a post in series counting down to my solo show at Second Street Gallery. See previous posts: T minus 49 days, T minus 51 days, T minus 54 days,T minus 55 days,T minus 56 days, T minus 57 days.

No comments: