10.24.2005

T minus 11 days



Friday I went down to the gallery and picked up some of the posters. They're good, but of course I'm being picky and might have done a few things differently. I do design stuff all day and I probably should have insisted on designing this thing myself - it's not bad, it's just a little off from what I would have done. Also, the sample I saw was matte and this ended up being glossy.

So over the weekend I decided to do and additional postcard for the show. I have a big mailing list and would only have a few extra posters if I used those, so I'm going to send out the postcard when I get it later this week.

This weekend didn't go as well as I expected - Violet, her Mom and I all got sick. I did finish my mailing list, work on the big drawing (which is in danger of being over-worked now) and finished 2 sculptures, so a lot did get done. I decided o hold off on framing until I finish a big project at work - so later this week and this weekend. Because I was feeling bad I didn't poster last night - I might try to go sometime this week.

I can't believe this thing is 11 days away - I feel so unprepared...

---------------------------------------------------

This is a post in series counting down to my solo show True Defenders of the Craft at Second Street Gallery. See previous posts: T minus 14 days, T minus 15 days, T minus 16 days, T minus 17 days, T minus 18 days, T minus 21 days, T minus 23 days, T minus 25 days, T minus 28 days, T minus 29 days, T minus 30 days, T minus 32 days, T minus 35 days, T minus 37 days, T minus 38 days, T minus 43 days, T minus 44 days, T minus 46 days, T minus 49 days, T minus 51 days, T minus 54 days,T minus 55 days,T minus 56 days, T minus 57 days.

2 comments:

MB said...

dude, be easy. it'll all come together. hope you're feeling better the work you've been showing looks great!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mark.

W