11.03.2005

T minus 1 day



ONE DAY! AAAAA!

Thanks to J.T Kirkland at Thinking About Art for the mention.

Also to Lenny at DC Art News for the promo.

And James Bailey at BlackCatBone with a crazy mention.

Yesterday I did a lot to get the show together. In the AM I framed a drawing and worked on the big drawing. I finally got it to a good place.

Later I brought the big guy over to the gallery but was crestfallen when I saw that it had gotten dinged up in transit - I should have rented a truck. I hung it up and then ignored it fo the afternoon while I figured out how to hang all my little pieces.

After dinner I went back to the gallery and met with some people about a high school art workshop I'm doing next week. Then I got all the little guys up on the wall and hungs most of the framed work. I also drew more on the big guy and got it looking good in the space.

When I got home around midnight I found wife awake and baby sick - I ended up staying up all night with a very congested Violet. She's doing better now though and I'm full of coffee.



This morning I went in and hung a few more small guys and did a surprise interview with a cable access show! I rambled for just a few minutes... I also set up the sculptures and put the vitrines on them. Only two more pieces to frame and hange, and two little guys to hang up and I'm done.

I shuld mention that the artist in the main space, Ju-Yeon Kim, has really beautiful large paintings and drawings. Our work goes well together - both are collage-y and draw-y, but there's a really different sensibility that ends up in each of our works.

Tonight - the members preview and an artist talk where I have no idea what I'm going to say...

---------------------------------------------------

This is a post in series counting down to my solo show True Defenders of the Craft at Second Street Gallery. See previous posts: T minus 2 days,T minus 3 days, T minus 4 days, T minus 7 days, T minus 8 days, T minus 9 days, T minus 10 days, T minus 11 days, T minus 14 days, T minus 15 days, T minus 16 days, T minus 17 days, T minus 18 days, T minus 21 days, T minus 23 days, T minus 25 days, T minus 28 days, T minus 29 days, T minus 30 days, T minus 32 days, T minus 35 days, T minus 37 days, T minus 38 days, T minus 43 days, T minus 44 days, T minus 46 days, T minus 49 days, T minus 51 days, T minus 54 days,T minus 55 days,T minus 56 days, T minus 57 days.

No comments: