11.21.2005

Go See Art



Franklin Einspruch of Artblog.net has a really great new project Go See Art. Its a simple, clean-looking web-listing of art shows, organized by place and dates. What makes this great is that registered users can leave reviews on the site, reviews that can be talked about and responded to.

Beyond the real helpfulness of having a solid listing of shows and receptions in one place, I see the value a site like this can have to exhibiting artists. My show at Second Street Gallery comes down in a week and I've had very little feedback on the show so far (I know J.T. Kirkland at Thinking About Art is writing something, but other than that I don't know about anything on the horizon). With a site like GSA in place I might see a little more of what people are thinking about my work - even if it's critical that's still input.

So far Go See Art is only up fo Miami, but I believe Franklin is looking to expand it once the bugs are all worked out. D.C. would be a great place for a service like this...

No comments: