4.19.2006

Item rodeo



Some things of interest:

--------------------

A good friend and great DC playwright Gwydion Suilebhan has a show up starting next week, Let X. I saw an early version of the play read a while ago and was blown away by how good it is. I STRONGLY encourage you to go if you're in DC - my bride and I are desperately trying to find a way to make it. Here's the info:
A play within a play within yet another play, Let X is part madcap, part thinking cap -- it should keep your sides splitting and your head spinning at the same time... but in a good way!

Directed by Lise Bruneau and starring a fantastic cast -- Marcus Kyd, Kimberly Gilbert, Christoper Marino, Anna Kepe, John Lescault, and Lynn McNutt -- Let X is being produced by the Taffety Punk Theatre Company, who bring an energetic, free-spirited approach to delivering brilliant work.

Performances are Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays at 8 pm, Sundays at 9 pm. Opening night is April 27, and the show runs till May 7 -- that's only 8 performances, so I strongly suggest you get your tickets sooner rather than later. Admission is $10 at the door, and you can reserve seats by emailing info@taffetypunk.com or calling (202) 261-6612.

Oh, and the Mead Theatre Lab is at 916 G Street NW, across the street from the Martin Luther King, Jr. library, right near the Gallery Place metro stop -- which is definitely how you should travel to the theater, if you can, because parking is virtually impossible to come by in the area...


--------------------

My excellent pal and star Corcoran art-student (and sometime art-collaborator with me ) Truly Herbert just won the Linda Rosenbaum Memorial scholarship for excellence in painting and drawing at the Corcoran. I'm delighted but not surprised at all.

--------------------

J.T. Kirkland of Thinking About Art has a new project called bARTer where he's making trades of art, starting with his own. I'll have more tomorrow about this...

--------------------

UK Art-maestro Craig Atkinson and I have been working on a magical collaborative book. I'll leak more details as time goes on, but this thing is crazy and cool.

2 comments:

adrian said...

nice trade dude.

w said...

yeah, I really like JT's print...