3.24.2006

Grossi at SPACE in Pittsburgh



Adam Grossi is opening a show this weekend in Pittsburgh - He and I are showing alongside each other this fall at GRACE in Reston. Here's the email announcement:

It is my pleasure to invite you to MY SPACE, a group exhibition that I am most fortunate to be participating in at SPACE Gallery in Pittsburgh. I will have seven paintings in the show; six of them are brand new. Plus I will have the honor of exhibiting alongside a few of Pittsburgh's finest:

March 24-May 13, 2006
MY SPACE
Works by Thad Kellstadt, Tom Sarver, Adam Grossi, Tom Weinrich, and Ed Parrish

Please join us for an opening reception:
Friday, March 24, 2006
6-10 p.m.

"Five artists consider personal spaces -- exploring what is most fundamental and problematic about them."

The above photo is a few of the new ones balancing on each other in my studio.

I'm excited about the way this work is progressing. This is the first opportunity I've had in quite a few months to show so many of my solo paintings alongside one another. SPACE is a beautiful gallery and it is really a treat to have my images bouncing off of the styles and aesthetics of the other artists in the show.


As an aside, my Mom is from Pittsburgh. Another Mom fact: she went to Penn State and sells stuff on ebay here.

No comments: