3.21.2006

Atkinson's BOOK 1



UK art-drawer Craig Atkinson and I recently swapped packages of books - he sent me his recent BOOK 1, a great 100 page treasure of drawing, painting and spanish serviettes.



Info:
It's 100 pages. Paperback, perfect bound, 6x9 inches and includes your favourite drawings [well mine anyway]. Some one described it as, 'Utterly awful, a disgrace, insulting', continuing, 'Craig should get a useful life.' Another said, 'I just about peed myself over your "certificate" strip. I don't even know why but that shit's hilarious.' . There are only 100 copies. Every book is unique, they are collected from the printers and worked on by hand using crayon, felt-tip and pencil.

At just £12 including UK postage I'd say it's a bargain, but then I would. So far the book is for sale here, and at:

Here Gallery, Bristol.
Analogue Bookshop, Edinburgh.
The Fruitmarket Gallery, Edinburgh.
Ikon Gallery, Birmingham.
Little Paper Planes, Los Angeles.


His website has tons of great draws and other stuff.

No comments: