8.22.2006

Speed-Spelunking



My studio is the master bedroom of my house. My wife is a saint.

Next month I have a solo show at GRACE in Reston Va (outside Washington DC). Originally the other artist having a solo there, Adam Grossi, and I were going to do all kinds of collaborative projects - our interests and aesthetics are similar, and having a show of two guys who draw and paint the suburbs at a venue deep in the suburbs was too sweet an irony to pass up.

As it happened, and as I've come to learn over the last 14 months, things don't happen with the same freedom and speed as they used to. I've had to adjust and re-adjust and then re-adjust again until now I'm in a mad dash to finish the work I want to have in the show. Adam and I have shelved our more ambitious collaborative ideas until a later show - now we're each doing our own thing.

For my part, the show will be 3 bodies of work - drawing/collages, paper sculptures and a website viewable both in the gallery and remotely. I'll write more about each of these, and other things about this berserk careen towards Sept. 29, as the show get closer.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Yes, she is a saint. Having a workspace like that... with plastic on the walls... is priceless.