10.06.2005

T minus 29 days



More drawing on small stuff last night and this morning. In order to make the huge grid I want I need to do a bunch more of them, both pencils and collages. Next week I'll finish the big drawing and then continue with sculptures the week after.

I also need to start printing the street-posters I want to do. The gallery is printing the "real" posters, but I want to do something more. Once a week for the four weeks before the show starts I plan to hang flyers all over town, similar to what I did earlier this year, only in color. So this Sunday (the easiest day to sneak around town) I'll staple and tape up about 50 little posters I print here. Leah told me I couldn't put any gallery info on them because they'd get in trouble with the city, so I'm going to use a sock-puppet yahoo email on the posters and see what happens. Last time the only response I got was a city worker giving me hell for taping something to a light pole.

I'll show the posters here, maybe I'll have them as PDF downloads if anyone wants them.

---------------------------------------------------

This is a post in series counting down to my solo show True Defenders of the Craft at Second Street Gallery. See previous posts: T minus 30 days, T minus 32 days, T minus 35 days, T minus 37 days, T minus 38 days, T minus 43 days, T minus 44 days, T minus 46 days, T minus 49 days, T minus 51 days, T minus 54 days,T minus 55 days,T minus 56 days, T minus 57 days.

3 comments:

MB said...

looking good!

Anonymous said...

thanks

-w

Shawn said...

I'd love to see the posters if you have time to post them.